A sand filter’s size will depend on the size and shape of your above ground pool. With that in mind, let’s look at what size sand filter would work best for your pool area.
What Is The Right Size Pool Filter For An Above Ground Pool?
When figuring out the best type of filter for your pool, it’s recommended choosing one that is at least 1 sq. ft. for a 10,000-gallon pool capacity. For instance, a 16″ sand filtered system features a 1.55″ sq. ft. filtered area. This size sand filter is now ideal for a 15,000-gallon pool.
What Is The Right Size Pool Pump For An Above Ground Pool?
Follow our guide below to figure out the right size pool pump for your above ground pool.
Oval Above Ground Pools
- A 1 horsepower pool pump is necessary for a 24 x 30-foot pool.
- Any pool larger than 24 x 30 calls for a 1.5 horsepower pump.
Round Above Ground Pools
- A 1 horsepower pool pump is needed for a pool up to 24 ft. around.
- Pool owners should opt for a 1.5 horsepower pool pump if the pool is more than 24 ft. around.
How To Clean A Sand Filter
Follow these simple steps below to properly clean your pool’s sand filter.
Step 1. Prepare To Backwash
- Check the pressure gauges to start.
- Turn off the pump, switching the circuit breaker to “off.”
- Change the pool filter valve’s setting.
- Position the waste hose.
Step 2. Backwash Filter
- Run the pump for a good two minutes.
- Watch the sight glass.
- Turn the pump back off.
Step 3. Final Rinse
- Switch to the “rinse” setting.
- Return it back to the “filter” setting.
- Now, check your pressure gauges one last time.
Finding Professional Pool Maintenance In Arizona
Brian’s Pool Care offers professional pool maintenance in Ahwatukee, Arizona to help pool owners experience expert pool maintenance services for an affordable price.